Financing granted to Brazilian importers to purchase goods and services, with direct payment to the exporter and flexible terms. In the case of transactions exceeding 360 days a ROF – Register of Financial Transactions at Brazilian Central Bank – is required.
Granted by CCB Brasil Cayman (Foreign Lender) directly to the Brazilian importer.
- Interest and commission are remittable.
- Zero-rated for IOF tax, since the financing is directly from a foreign source.
- Withholding tax of 25% on the interest.
Granted by CCB Brasil (Domestic Lender) directly to the Brazilian importer.
- Interest remittable and local commission.
- IOF tax of 0.38% on the Principal Amount, plus 0.0041% per day limited to 1.5%.
- Withholding tax in accordance with the domicile of the foreign bank.
FINIMP – Export Credit Agency (ECA)
Medium and long-term credit lines to cover imports of capital goods. Given the amounts and term involved, these transactions make use of Governmental Export Promotion Agencies in the countries where the goods being transacted are produced. The most active agencies are the United States EXIMBANK, HERMES in Germany, COFACE in France and the EDC in Canada, among others. These are structured transactions that usually finance 85% of the value of the goods.